Research in the theme of Infection and Immunity at SCMB encompasses the study of microbial pathogens and the response to infection by their hosts.
Specific areas of interest include molecular virology, bacterial pathogenesis, fungal pathogenesis, parasitology and innate immunity.
Members of the theme also represent a core group within the Australian Infectious Diseases Research Centre, a multidisciplinary network encompassing more than 80 research groups at The University of Queensland and the Queensland Institute of Medical Research.
Theme Leader: Associate Professor Kate Stacey
- Barnard, Professor Ross - Director, Biotechnology Program
- Fraser, Assoc Prof James - Associate Professor
- Hall, Professor Roy - Professor
- Kappler, Associate Professor Ulrike - ARC Research Fellow Senior Lecturer Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Kellie, Associate Professor Stuart - Associate Professor, School of Chemistry & Molecular Biosciences; Affiliate Principal Research Fellow, Institute for Molecular Bioscience
- Khromykh, Professor Alexander - NHMRC Senior Research Fellow and Professor of Molecular Virology
- Leggatt, Dr Graham - Senior Lecturer
- McEwan, Professor Alastair - Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research)
- O'Donoghue, Professor Peter - Professor of Parasitology
- Schembri, Professor Mark - Professor and ARC Future Fellow
- Stacey, Associate Professor Katryn - NHMRC Senior Research Fellow
- Stevenson, Dr Philip - ARC Future fellow
- Walker, Professor Mark - National Health and Medical Research Council Principal Research Fellow
- West, Dr Nick - NHMRC Career Development Fellow-Level 2
- Young, Professor Paul - Professor of Virology and Head of School