Research in molecular genetics and genomics at the SCMB encompasses the application and analysis of targeted and high-throughput approaches to better understand all domains of life.
Vertebrates, plants, insects, microorganisms and microbial communities are subject to cutting-edge methodologies to elucidate evolution, ecology and function at the genetic and regulatory level.
Theme Leader: Dr Scott Beatson
- Barker, Professor Stephen - Professor of Parasitology
- Beatson, Assoc Prof Scott - Associate Professor
- Boden, Assoc Prof Mikael - Bioinformatics (analysis, modelling and integration of biological data)
- Brown, Professor Melissa - Professor of Molecular Biology
- Carroll, Professor Bernard - Professor of Molecular Genetics
- Fortes, Dr Marina - Lecturer
- Hugenholtz, Professor Philip - Director, Australian Centre for Ecogenomics
- Reid, Dr Steve - Co-Deputy Director, Biotechnology Program
- Rothnagel, Associate Professor Joe - Past Chair, Teaching & Learning Committee (2009-2013)
- Trezise, Dr Ann - Associate Professor, School of Chemistry & Molecular Biosciences (20%), and Director, Australian Equine Genetics Research Centre (80%)
- Tyson, Professor Gene - Deputy Director, Australian Centre for Ecogenomics